Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Most efficient method of smoke extraction

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are you burning that makes smoke? If your soldering iron is too hot then it incinerates the rosin in the solder making smoke. My soldering iron has temperature control and is always at the correct temperature. Then I have no smoke, just a pleasant aroma of hot rosin.
An efficient method of smoke extraction would be to open two windows on a windy day.

Hello, Can you recommend the most efficient method of smoke extraction for my electronics workshop?

To remove the smoke, you must remove the air which is the vehicle for the smoke. So it makes sense if you can remove it at the source, before it gets mixed with a large volume of air.

A suction system similar to a kitchen chimney is suitable. It should remove the smoke before it gets mixed with the rest of the air.

Or you can keep the open mouth of the vacuum cleaner close the soldering station you are using. An ion generator can also be of help (it works like electrostatic precipitators).

Your electronic workshop appears very clean- nobody appears to be working there. Lots of tools neatly hung on the wall. You need some people who work.

What are you burning that makes smoke? If your soldering iron is too hot then it incinerates the rosin in the solder making smoke. My soldering iron has temperature control and is always at the correct temperature. Then I have no smoke, just a pleasant aroma of hot rosin.
An efficient method of smoke extraction would be to open two windows on a windy day.

Hello, Hello, It's about the smoke and the gases from the soldering / detaching station and the gases from the 3d printer.
I would like a professional and energy efficient equipment.

- - - Updated - - -

To remove the smoke, you must remove the air which is the vehicle for the smoke. So it makes sense if you can remove it at the source, before it gets mixed with a large volume of air.

A suction system similar to a kitchen chimney is suitable. It should remove the smoke before it gets mixed with the rest of the air.

Or you can keep the open mouth of the vacuum cleaner close the soldering station you are using. An ion generator can also be of help (it works like electrostatic precipitators).

Your electronic workshop appears very clean- nobody appears to be working there. Lots of tools neatly hung on the wall. You need some people who work.

Cool idea, Thanks
It would be interesting for a colleague to come up with an idea of a smoke extractor already tested with very good results and high energy efficiency.
Electricity is not cheap, nor is heating in winter ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back