Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LTSpice model of LDO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adithya_Pai

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have set Rds on of LDO using model card

facebook.png

I have obtained 178mOhm Now i have to use in LDO as pass transistor can i directly use this so that Ron will be the same for dropout test case? How should I move forward in developing LDO simple control loop (Pass element, EA , Feedback divider)?

Share some of the exercise if it helps for developing...

Hi,

There are many LDO example circuits in the internet. Some even with explanations and calculations. Choose one.
Do some tests.

If you encounter any problems:
* show us your circuit
* tell us what you expect
* tell us what you see instead

Klaus

https://datasheets.maximintegrated.com/en/ds/MAX1725-MAX1726.pdf

I am modeling LDO of MAX1762. eda_.png

Initially I set W, L, Kp value according to Ron required but I didnt obtain dropout voltage required. So I added 9.4 ohm series resistance. Then by trial and error method i set gain of Error amplifier.
Is this proper way of setting ron and Gain of Eroor amplifier. Initially I am expecting loop to work fine with dropout test case , regulated output according to resistor divider set(Steady state)?
Next I will be doing line, load transient which may require some modification...

Status
Not open for further replies.