Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for a dimmer circuit to drive a lamp up to 60w controlled by touch

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfminformatica

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I would like to assemble a circuit that drives a lamp of up to 60w controlled by touch in 3 levels of brightness and in the 4th touch the lamp turns off, if possible, using accessible components.

Hi,

Voltage and type?
Current, expectable peak?
Lamp type?
Accessible components --> where in the world?

Klaus

Siemens semiconductor used to have an IC for that purpose.

When it became Infineon, I believe they discontinued many devices, including this.

Hi,

If accessible components means simple ICs, on the control side, counter such as CD4017 is good for incremental steps then reset (off) controlling relays, SSRs or MOSFETS with different load resistors on power side... Or DAC incrementing a voltage reference into an EA in an SMPS (so long as it doesn't make it unstable, not sure of that). The power side needs to be defined as AC lamp or DC lamp, to begin with. It is probably a lot of time (and money) saved looking for a ready-made module unless you want to make the whole thing yourself.

hi guys all right, about the lamp would be a maximum 60w incandescent lamp at 110vac voltage with 3 levels of brightness being the last touch to turn off the lamp. I know that there is a dedicated TT6061 CI that does this function but I would take more than a week to receive it, I wanted to build a circuit using components preferably easy to buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back