Service Notification

EDAboard.com Scheduled Maintenance for 6/4/2020

Starting at 12:00pm EST Thursday June 4th EDABoard will be in maintenance mode and be unavailable. The website is being migrated to a new web server and the software is being upgraded. With the large volume of data & images to move, migration is expected to last for 8 - 10 hours. When started the forum will go into maintenance mode and no posts, edits or registrations can be made.
+ Post New Thread
    Full Member level 6
    Achievements:
    7 years registered

Helped
    0 / 0
    Level

Looking for a remote control device + an app to make a phone call from the cell phone

Hi,

I am looking for such a remote control solution to initiate a phone call. The concept is similar to some existing alarm system: a user press a button at the controller, and an emergency call is initilized to call out to a pre-set phone number.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	remote call.JPG 
Views:	2 
Size:	35.5 KB 
ID:	159482

What I am thing is an device +app solution. Assuming the phone and the remote controller is within the same house
    1. When a user press the button at this controller, it triggers an app in the phone
    2. The app itself can initiate a phone call to a specific contact person. The user does not have to talk in the phone via the controller. Instead, the call itself can be treated as an alaram notification.

Would anyone suggest any products in the market that can do this job using a smartphone? Or if I have to build such a system, what key information I need to look for?

Thank you!

•   AltAdvertisement

Super Moderator
    Achievements:
    7 years registered
    Awards:
    Most Frequent Poster 3rd Helpful Member

Helped
    3862 / 3862
    Level

Re: Looking for a remote control device + an app to make a phone call from the cell p

Hi,

Almost any ESPxxx device...
    ESP-01, ESP-02, ESP-05, ESP8266, ESP32........and many others.

Klaus
    Please don´t contact me via PM, because there is no time to respond to them. No friend requests. Thank you.

1 members found this post helpful.

•   AltAdvertisement

Member level 3

Helped
    0 / 0
    Level

Re: Looking for a remote control device + an app to make a phone call from the cell p

Hi,

You need to handle the button part and the application part separately. Assuming you need help with the button part, you can try this tutorial https://www.instructables.com/id/Tin...-Configurable/
    The end result is a GET request somewhere you decide. If you have wifi but no internet than make the call to your phone's IP address (keep in mind that the phone's ip changes as you connect and reconnect to wifi). Alternatively a better solution is to use cloud such as AWS Lambda or AWS IOT which will be there always listening to your button press and whenever you make the call it will do something you want.

Checkout https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/publics...ws-iot-button/

Xen

--[[ ]]--