Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help identifying some parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

cabinfourus

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone,
I am new to this forum but I feel I will be here a LOT. I am a circuit board hobbiest and also a drone pilot. I am currently trying to repair a gimbal on one of my drones and have ran into a problem. I have no idea what I am doing! lol

I have all the needed equipment to micro solder and and not bad at it. I just need help identifying a part on the board. I think it is some sort of choke. Maybe a type of ferrite bead. I just don't know what to replace it with. I am including a picture below and circled the part. It has 4 solder points and a small copper wire wrapped under it. I also need to know how to resolder this back. Does it have to go in a certain direction?

Thanks for any help.
yuneec_cgo3_plus_s2_board_back_vertigo_drones.jpg

Hi,

4 pads?

Maybe a common mode choke like "wuerth 744221"?

Klaus

Yes, it has 4 spots where it attaches to the board. The copper wiring was also attached somehow. I removed one from another gimbal board I had and it seems to be good. I really need to know how to do it. I am decent when it comes to soldering.

I took some pictures of the actual part and board. WIN_20200517_22_16_51_Pro.jpgWIN_20200519_12_26_14_Pro.jpg

Looks to have a capacitor across two pins and another capacitor across the other two pins. I would guess this is a small SMPS board and the part is a filter choke.

If I'm right, you should measure almost a short circuit between two pins, a short circuit between the other two pins but no connections otherwise. If it does have those connections it is highly unlikely to be faulty, that kind of component can go open circuit but rarely changes in value.

Brian.

The board is a Yuneec CGO3+ gimbal board. It controls the camera/gimbal movements. The filter choke actually broke off from the board. I have been researching it all day and this is what I know, so far.

It is a Ferrite type surface mount common mode choke.
It has 4 points that contact to the board.
It has a copper wiring that wraps around the core 3 or 4 times. (it is broken but looks like 4)
It is 5mm long 2.5mm high and about 2mm wide
There are no markings at all on the choke but I do have the camera's frequency range from the FCC testing.

I need to know what resistance it needs to be and voltages. The camera uses 7-14 volts. The frequency for the wifi is 5.8ghz.
It looks just like a wire wound SMD inductor. I will include a picture of the actual part with this post. WIN_20200519_12_23_51_Pro.jpg

it's obviously a Common Mode Choke for DC-Dc Converters.Inductance value shouldn't be more than 0.5mH or much less..
It looks like TDK or Wurth, maybe Chinese nobody knows it..

Hi,

Just for information sake though, if that's a choke and the capacitor is connected across it like that, then I believe that should be a DM choke. If for some reason you need to purchase some replacement part, put this into consideration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back