Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A "separated double pole switch with a single throw" ( two separate switched ccts)

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

treez

A "separated double pole switch with a single throw" ( two separate switched ccts)

Hi
Is there any such thing as a rocker switch which switchs two circuits from the one actuator? (whats it called?)

(ie we want to switch a circuit with several amps in it, but also want an indication that the switch has been thrown with a smaller contact in the switch which we will engage in a signal circuit where a microcontroller will be signalled that the switch has just been thrown.)

Re: A "separated double pole switch with a single throw" ( two separate switched cct

I have seen multiple switches mechanically ganged
but they all seemed to be "customized" by the
integrator of the assembly.

You might consider a small relay instead, that is
powered off the switched circuit. This might have
the added benefit that it declares result (power
present) rather than intention (switch position).

Reactions: treez

T

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Re: A "separated double pole switch with a single throw" ( two separate switched cct

Hi,

Obviously an DPST switch...
Or did I misunderstand something?

Klaus

Reactions: d123

d123

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

Thanks, i mean like a DPST but the poles not serving the same circuit

Hi,

You are free to wire the two poles as you like...as long as you satisfy safety regulations.

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back