Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SOT-23-6 SMD Identification

Status
Not open for further replies.

alextie

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I’ve got some issues identifying a SOT-23-6 SMD labeled „BMFAD“ while reverse engineering some pcb. I‘ve seen the same circuit, where this thing is also labeled as „BRYAA“, which I think only differs in some voltage values a bit. It has the pins 1,2,5,6 connected to the positive voltage, pin 3 connected to the ground (via a 10k resistor, i thought, this only happens by using a conductor) and pin 4 connected to a voltage supervisor „AE“ and the VBAT pins of a MCP73871 battery charge management controller.
I´ve been looking up every database and -book, and only came across the code „BM“, which is a R5421N protection IC against dis- and overcharging of Li-Cells. This sounds fairly plausible, but the pin assignment is different, as the ground has to be connected to pin 6 for this one. Can anybody help me or give me some hint?

Best regards from germany!

Attachments

• F8A68265-B30C-47B7-A9BD-1E3B86349751.jpg
    F8A68265-B30C-47B7-A9BD-1E3B86349751.jpg
    516.7 KB · Views: 154

Hi,

Complete guess: the 10k is used to set a current limit, soft-start or similar task. Sorry can't be of more help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back