Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help design PCB motherboard for the cpu intel xeon W-10885M

Status
Not open for further replies.

ricky89

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi!

I'm not an engineer, I'm just a fan.
Hi everyone I would like to build a mini pc for this intel W-10885M processor I would like the motherboard in 3.5 inches like embedded computers.
In the site on mouser.it (Italy) there is this processor but there is the possibility to download the schematic and the processor drawing.
My question is how do you design a motherboard that I don't know of or components, are there software that can do an automated job if I insert this processor design does the software suggest me other components suitable for that processor?
Or you do me the project I don't know who I should refer to.
Thanks and await answers.

Hi,

You are just a fan ... and then want to start with 1440 pins 5.3GHz design. 12 layers or more?

To me this sounds as if a person who is able to walk to the next store to buy food now wants to take part on an ironman run ... without dedicated training.

Please tell me that my assumption is wrong. Tell me you are experienced with multi layer high frequency PCB design.

Klaus

Hi,
As I know,there is no such software that you want.
The PC with intel W-10885M processor is difficult.I suggest you start step by step,such as from Single-Chip Microcomputer to ARM ……and last to you goal.
This is my suggestion and hope help you.
Scofield

this may do what you want, since you want to build a pc with a xenon processor
but it will not meet your form factor (note there may not be software to operate it)

https://www.newegg.com/p/1WK-0040-0...ories-_-intel-_-9SIA9AX6YJ5755&source=region#

it is probably impossible to build what you want in the form factor you want.

the processor you mentioned is about 600 $(American) the board above is about 42 $ (American)
you would not want to make the processor useless by using a home made board.
which will cost a lot more than 42 $, and then there's all the stuff on the board
noted above that hasn't been accounted for

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back