Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Technology map viewer

Status
Not open for further replies.

mahmood.n

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
The following pictures shows part of the result from "technology map viewer (post-mapping)" for a simple FSM design. As I double click on the right LOGIC_CELL_COMB, nothing is shown. I expected to see in the internal structure (gates). Should I do something else?
Untitled.png

The following pictures shows part of the result from "technology map viewer (post-mapping)" for a simple FSM design. As I double click on the right LOGIC_CELL_COMB, nothing is shown. I expected to see in the internal structure (gates). Should I do something else?
View attachment 159416

Normally, the farthest you can go with technology map viewer (post-mapping) is the macrocell. If you want to see the logic gates, you will have to use the RTL viewer.

- - - Updated - - -

Which software are you using?

It is Quartus.
The RTL diagram is shown below. The FSM is shown as the current_state block. When I double click on the block, I see the FSM and not the flip flops.
So, the map viewer shows the flip flops while not showing combinational logic. On the other hand, the RTL is the reverse.
Untitled.png

Okay, that is Quartus Prime.
It is Quartus.
The RTL diagram is shown below. The FSM is shown as the current_state block. When I double click on the block, I see the FSM and not the flip flops.
So, the map viewer shows the flip flops while not showing combinational logic. On the other hand, the RTL is the reverse.
Yes, the technology map viewer shows the flip-flops. It also shows the combinational logic cell, but as a unit cell. It doesn't get to gate level. If you look at the netlist navigator, as you expand down, you will see ports, registers and atoms. These are basically ports, flip-flop registers and combinational logic cells, respectively. They are the farthest you can go with Quartus Prime.

With RTL viewer on Quartus Prime, you can only expand down to multiplexers, operators and registers (flip flops), and even logic gates where you explicitly used OR, AND,...operators.

It has a lot to do with coding style actually.

- - - Updated - - -

Can you post your code here?

I expected to see in the internal structure (gates). Should I do something else?
To see the logic, just click on the properties in LOGIC_CELL_COMB context menu.

technology map viewer.PNG

View attachment 159420

I do not know about this. I am not with my PC at this time. Please can one post a confirmation screenshot for the purpose of learning? I'll check later but a screenshot will be well appreciated.

The code is attached.
Right. Thank you.
I also tried Quartus II 12 and by double clicking on the component, I shows the logic.
The problem is solved.

Attachments

• tl.zip
    740 bytes · Views: 67

The code is attached.

Right. Thank you.
I also tried Quartus II 12 and by double clicking on the component, I shows the logic.
The problem is solved.

Oh! Wow! Thanks. Good to know this. Such an ample info. Thanks FvM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back