Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Eye tracker with IR camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

feldspar

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a need to develop an optoelectronic system, and was not sure where to post.
Looking for advice on how I can go about realizing a very specific kind of device: Eye tracker: with IR led, camera, USB output. Object distance is 2 cm or less, field of view 90 degrees or less. Sensor: CMOS, rolling shutter or frame readout. There are some other specs.
Would appreciate pointers on which forum space would be the best to post. thanks!

There are tiny cameras what can be mounted on eyeglasses. Take photographs of the eye as the subject looks up, down, left, right, and other directions that you wish to recognize. These photos become your reference database for comparison.

An alternate method is to write software routines that examine a photo of the eye and recognize the iris as the darker disk within the white area. Determine the pixel locations of the boundaries to gain a clue where the eye is looking.

There are tiny cameras what can be mounted on eyeglasses. Take photographs of the eye as the subject looks up, down, left, right, and other directions that you wish to recognize. These photos become your reference database for comparison.

An alternate method is to write software routines that examine a photo of the eye and recognize the iris as the darker disk within the white area. Determine the pixel locations of the boundaries to gain a clue where the eye is looking.

Thanks for the response.
I have tested out 3 different eye trackers (and acquired several hours of eye tracking video), and now need to custom-make one.
I'm looking for a place where I can discuss the specific of CMOS sensors etc since I'm at the stage of narrowing down the type of eye tracker that I'll ultimately need.

Feel welcome to ask at this public forum. Of course it's your choice if you you wish to maintain secrecy about certain aspects of your project. Review forum guidelines under the Rules tab.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back