Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Difficulties while plotting IIP3 using ADS2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

hari_preetha

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I would like to plot IIP3 (third order input intercept) using Ketsight Technology ADS 2019. Once I designed LNA and connected HB2 tone Template for simulating IIP3 and started simulating IIP3, in IIP3 simulation plot, I am getting blank plots.

Simulated IIP3 plots I have attached and also attached schematic diagram. Please some help to resolve IIP3 plotting problem.

Attachments

• LNA_Schematic.jpg
    LNA_Schematic.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 145
  • IIP3_Simulated_Output.jpg
    IIP3_Simulated_Output.jpg
    258.2 KB · Views: 132

Hi,

unfortunately I'm not able to read all your settings, please upload an increased picture of the lower center part.
Have you imported the ATF54143 on your own, or is it a built in device? According to the datasheet [1] the large pin 1 (also in your schematic) is SOURCE, pin 2 should be DRAIN, but in your schematic it is the GATE. It seems to me GATE and DRAIN are swapped.

[1] http://www.ok2kkw.com/atf54143.pdf

greets

Check "Simulation Option".. There is an "Dataset Name" error.Configure the "Dataset Name" accordingly..

Check "Simulation Option".. There is an "Dataset Name" error.Configure the "Dataset Name" accordingly..

Where I have to go in "simulation Option" and find "Dataset Name" I searched it, I couldn't get it. As asked in the posting #2 zoomed lower part I attached it below.

Attachments

• LNA_Schmatic_zoomed_part.jpg
    LNA_Schmatic_zoomed_part.jpg
    323.2 KB · Views: 140

Hi,

I'm interested in a zommed version of this area:

EDAboard_ADS2019.JPG

What's about the spice model of the ATF54143? Is it an ADS default component?

greets

Hi,

I'm interested in a zommed version of this area:

View attachment 159402

What's about the spice model of the ATF54143? Is it an ADS default component?

greets

No, it is not in the ADS default component list. I downloaded . ZAP file from Avagotechnologies website and unarchieved project using ADS2019 and working. Below I attached the Zoom Version of interested area

Attachments

• Zoomed_Version_Intersted_Area.jpg
    Zoomed_Version_Intersted_Area.jpg
    221.6 KB · Views: 139

Ok, it still confuses me as also the datasheet provided by Avago Techhnologies [2] states a pin order of Source (fat package pin), Drain, Source and Gate for pin 1, 2, 3 and 4. Note, the pin order in the datasheet is unusual, starting from pin number one and ongoing numbering clockwise (see also link [1] in my first response), usually the ongoing pin numbering is counterclockwise. Compare the pin order of your implemented spice model with those in the datasheet. Have a look at Fig. 11 in [3], there you also can see the pin assignment

Have you tried to rotate your ATF54143s 180°, so Gate and Drain pins are changed?

[2] **broken link removed**
[3] **broken link removed**

greets

I didn't get answer for my difficulties. Who knows well ADS handling can answer it.

I didn't get answer for my difficulties. Who knows well ADS handling can answer it.
In schematic window, click "Simulation" Tab then click "Simulation Options" drop down menu.You'll see "Dataset name".
Dataset Name must be same as in "Data Display" ( upper side of the window )
For instance if Dataset Name is "my_data", "Data Display" should have the same name.

Sorry for sticking to the ATF54143, I was just curious and I'm still, as you have not mentioned if your investigated circuitry works as intended for any other kind of simulation.

Usually a window pops up when you are running a simulation giving information about the simulation status ("hpeesofsim" or something like that), at least in ADS2009 which was the last version I used.
If this window appears still in ADS2019, is there any massage?

greets

Maybe some sweep dimension is not correct. You need to check yourself, it is difficult to support you.

Have you followed instructions in your data display template?

templ.jpg

I have used same template for other case( Schematic Diagram with HB2 Swept power template option is attached below file name LNA_1 and its results LNA_1 results), it is working nicely.
But when I used same HB2 Swept power template for the posting #1 schematic, I am getting little better result than the earlier(HB2Swept_Power_Plan and IIP3_Output images are attached), and still blank is existing in the tables.

Attachments

• LNA_1.pdf
    67.1 KB · Views: 106
  • LNA_1_Results.jpg
    LNA_1_Results.jpg
    490.1 KB · Views: 130
  • HB2Swept_Power_Plan.jpg
    HB2Swept_Power_Plan.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 120
  • IIP3_Output.jpg
    IIP3_Output.jpg
    404.8 KB · Views: 131