Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Alternative of this Mini DC Submersible Pump

Status
Not open for further replies.

saramah

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

Is there any excellent quality DC Submersible Pump?

which will be used for the operation of
hand sanitizer project and will turned on/off for frequent no of times (2000 times/day) for 2-3 sec.
If the above type is used for this purpose the life cycle of the pump will be a questionable.
I mean it will not withstand such frequent no of operation.

And other problems is this pump is to be immersed in liquid/sanitizer, if the liquid level goes down below of the pump, the pump will get damaged, so life of the pump is also questionable here too.

I want a pump that can withstand the operation as stated above.

What i am using is like below pic. Pump.jpg

Thanks..

Do you need the whole pump to be submersible? There
are magnetic-drive seal-less pumps which confine the
fluid to the impeller housing but the motor remains dry.

Such pumps (some of them) can be run dry without
damage (for some while - might think about a level
switch, for in case somebody leaves it on and dry over
the weekend?

Do you need the whole pump to be submersible?
This is not a factor whether it is immersed or not, main motive is to fulfill my requirement
1) long last and there will not be no issue for such frequent operation with short duration of time.
Will Diaphragm Pumps or Peristaltic Pumps is best suitable for the application. Or anything else?
Thx

There are "metering pumps" which are specifically
made to deliver a fixed quantity per actuation. A
properly sized piston (perhaps with a rolling diaphragm,
not the short-stroke diaphragm and reed chatter-pump)
is your answer. But being calibrated and limited-market,
maybe not meeting cheapness requirement.

Is DC Diaphragm Pumps or DC Peristaltic Pumps efficient for this application.
Out of two which is more better for the said application type.
tnx

Out of two which is more better for the said application type.

Diaphragm pumps are robust but peristaltic pumps are more accurate. Both are very simple as far as their operation is concerned.

Perhaps peristaltic pumps may be more expensive. You need to decide.

Does sanitizer refer to flammable liquid? In this case, the apparatus must be explosion-proof. Media compatibility of the pump material (case, sealings, diaphragm, tubes) is another important topic.

Does sanitizer refer to flammable liquid?

I presume the common hand sanitizers contain >50% alcohol- specifically ethyl alcohol. So they will be flammable. But I am not sure whether the vapour can lead to explosion.

I hope most common industrial plastics are resistant to 50% aqueous ethanol. But it will be good to check before.

Consider having a tension-loaded mechanism, which dispenses the gel for half a second...
Then the motor operates to reset it, taking 4 or 5 seconds. Thus there is not so much instantaneous demand on the motor and the battery. Nor is it bad for the motor if the gel goes empty.

Tension can be stored in a spring, or clip, or elastic material.
Other parts of the mechanism can be:
* ratchet
* cam
* piston
* plunger
* accordion pleating
* rubber or plastic bulb
Etc.

If you are planning to make only a few of them, then go for the pump based approach. That may be cheaper.

If you are planning to make thousands of them, then follow the suggestions #9 and add some innovation.

Cost, ease of use and production complexity should be your main consideration.

Status
Not open for further replies.