Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to arrange the antennas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tony_lth

Advanced Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HI, Gurus,
I have a ISM systems, freq 470M--490M, lora, max BW=0.5M for one channel.
The module have 3pcs 470M antennas, and 2pcs 2.4GHz wifi antennas.
So how to arrange the antennas?
I suppose to mount all 5pcs antennas on the top in line, which total width is 400mm, each separated at 70mm, as following:
LORA1, WIFI1, LORA2, WIFI2, LORA3
LORA system with spread freq factor 5 to 12, and can be in different channel, but maybe the 3pcs LORA channels are adjacent.
Do you have any comment on my design?
I am not familiar with antenna theory and design, so pls comment.

Thanks.
Tony Liu

70mm is an acceptable distance between antennas that you mentioned, to meet the far field equation for each antenna.
This happen when assuming the maximum dimensions of the antennas as: about 65mm for the 2.4GHz antenna, and about 150mm for the 470MHz antenna.
If the maximum dimensions of the antennas are not bigger than I mentioned above, the antennas of the RF system should work fine.

To meet interference performances this depends by other factors, as radiated TX power (and spurs) and out-of-band blocking performances of the receivers.
These performances can be simulated when you know the coupling between antennas vs frequency, power levels, receivers performances, etc. Or you can build the system as it is, and measure all the radiated performances that the wireless system have to meet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back