Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help needed, what is this component used for? Mark:95H6ZI

Status
Not open for further replies.

detail2mix

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm learning circuit analysis and design but I can't get the information to find a component, do you know anything? Please tell me, thanks! 3.3V IN is the input terminal of current limiting IC (TI TPS2559).

20051209569e384176fc6adb6d.jpg

21.jpg

Hi,

I don't think it is a TPS2559 as the TPS2559 has a square VSON package (3 mm x 3 mm). The picture shows a rectangular BGA package. Further, the datasheet states "2559" as device marking. Have a look in the datasheet.

Looks like an oscillator to me, but usually they have only 4 pins (Vcc, GND, CLK_out, enable). The pin-allocation would match with an oscillator.
Would be interesting what is connected to pin 1-3 and 5.

greets

Hello, thank you for sharing. This should not be a crystal oscillator. maybe voltage detection? I try to use a logic analyzer to see.

Hi,

what´s it´s name / value printed on the PCB?

Klaus

Hello, thank you for your reply, the original UB5, showing that it is an integrated circuit

I thougt about a (MEMS) HCMOS oscillator and not a crystal oscillator.

Have you attached the logic analyzer to pin 5? What's the maximum detection frequency of your analyzer? Which kind of signal have you measured?
Do you have access to an oscilloscope?

Based on the LC combination at pin 1-3, it looks like an input to me.

Hi,

look at TPS22920. I think it´s quite similar.

Klaus

Hello, thank you for your reply, it should be TPS22920, there is ABCD silk screen next to the IC. Thank you very much for your help!

- - - Updated - - -

Hello, thank you for your reply, pin 5 is connected to TPS2559 EN pin.

Hi,

according TI´s marking code conventions it could be:

9 --> year 2009, 2019
5 --> month may
H --> production place / country
6Z --> marking code according datasheet TPS22920
I --> ?

Klaus

Hi,

I'm curious how you came up with this device.
pure luck.

just yesterday I was looking for high side power switches.
Now today I remebered the package and had some pinning in mind.

Then I did a search at the distributor for a suitable device / datasheet. and the fisrt one I´ve picked was it .

Klaus

Reactions: stenzer

stenzer

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi, TPS22920 5 pin is connected to TPS2559 EN pin The power-on sequence should be to turn on the current-limiting IC TPS2559 and turn off TPS22920. In this case, the model number should be TPS22920L (low voltage enable)?

Status
Not open for further replies.