Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Local mesh refinement HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

kalosu

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello edaboard community,

I was wondering if anyone knows if local mesh refinement is supported in HFSS.

I have a structure that includes some 90 degree bends and taper sections to which I would like to apply a local mesh refinement routine. Nevertheless I dont want the rest of the mesh to be refined at the same time. I just want the mesh at these regions to be finer with a transition to the coarser mesh at the rest of the structure.

If anyone knows how could I do this in HFSS I would appreciate your comments.

Hi kalosu,

What I do when I want local meshing is insert a vacuum object into that region (or whatever your background material is), and then assign a "seed mesh" to this object. You can specify maximum number of tetrahedra, or minimum edge length.

Thanks PlanarMetamaterials for your feedback.

If I understand you correctly, you are suggesting to assign an "additional vacuum object" (i.e a cube) to the region of interest where I would like to have my mesh refined ? (this region has already assigned material properties different from vacuum)

In advanced, thanks for your clarification.

you are suggesting to assign an "additional vacuum object" (i.e a cube) to the region of interest where I would like to have my mesh refined ?

Well, an object that you make whatever shape you want.

(this region has already assigned material properties different from vacuum)

Yes, so you would assign the object to have this type of material.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back