Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Nexys video Artix-7 board - PCIe Ethernet FMC high throughput and low latency

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuantAl_go

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I am a beginner in FPGA development. I would like to design applications in Financial Technology, Quantitative Risk Management/Simulation, High Frequency / Low Latency Algorithmic Trading, AI / Machine Learning and Digital Signal Processing.

I am planning to buy the Nexys video Artix-7 to start developing the core FPGA design skills and progressively prototype benchmark/ Proof-of-Concept (PoC) demo applications using the full computational capacity of the Artix-7 XC7A200T.

Could you please kindly advise what would be the best data/peripheral connection options to achieve high throughput and low latency on this board?

Is it possible to extend the board with PCIe?

To get the full Ethernet capacity, could you please advise if purchasing a TEMAC IP license is advised and at what price?

What are the alternative options and industry standards?

Many thanks
YM

PCIe is preferred for high and fast data rate. But then you have the complexities of a reliably working host-side firmware that will control the PCIe.
Then again the Nexys video Artix-7 does not have a PCie i/f.

The next best interface would be Ethernet. Xilinx has a TEMAC core which is not so expensive (initially you also get a IP core hardware evaluation license to test your design) and delivers reliable performance. But if you want to finally go ahead with an Eth i/f, then I would say get a Zynq based FPGA board. This is so because they have built 2x Gigabit Ethernet Controllers (referred as GEM) as hard macro . Then you can save money on buying the TEMAC I license.
To get the full Ethernet capacity, could you please advise if purchasing a TEMAC IP license is advised and at what price?
Please mail Xiling support near your area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back