Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Level converter devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

engr_joni_ee

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am looking for level converters from 3.3 V to 1.8 V. The differential clock signals I am dealing with are of frequency 500 MHz. There are two clocks i.e. four differential pairs. Any suggestions how to find level converter devices ?

Hi,

* 500MHz 3.3V level differential signals are not very usual. Please confirm. Maybe they are LVDS or any other IO standard.
* Then look at the receiver IC datasheets for the level requirements (common mode, differential mode, hysteresis) and max allowed input levels.
* also check about characteristic line impedance requirements and the use of termination

In simplest case you may just connect them
Next simple is that you need resistive voltage dividers. (values may depend on characteristic impedance)
Maybe you need true level converters. A search at a distributor should work. There you may also find manufacturer names for level converters. Then visit the manufacturer internet site for additional informations and selection tools.

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back