Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to post-sim by a PEX extracted netlist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jademobile

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How to post-sim by a PEX extracted netlist?
I managed to run PEX. Parasitic netlist named *.PEX.netlist is generated. However, maybe due to some inevitable problem from pdk, there exist lvs error. Maybe as a consequence, the Calibre View could not be generated.
My question is, how to perform post-sim by a PEX extracted netlist? I do generate a config file in the cell. However, I couldn’t find the choice of import a netlist as ADE simulation target.

Many thanks
Jade

If there is LVS error, usually, the parasitic extraction either cannot be run, or its output may be bogus.
(it depends on what kind of LVS error you have. For example, if you have nets shorts - your netlist will be completely wrong).

I don't think PDK problems are "inevitable".

CalibreView is just one of the possible output formats of extraction tool (Calibre PEX).

If you generate DSPF from parasitic extraction, you can either directly simulate it in SPICE (DSPF file is fully SPICE compatible), or instantiate it in hierarchy editor / test bench in ADE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back