Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electric pump to dispense the hand sanitizer gel

Status
Not open for further replies.

tnnedaboard

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I want to use an electric pump to dispense the hand sanitizer gel ...

should I use a type pump that gives me a small amount of gel at a few pulses?

can anyone recommend me some model?

do I see if I find peristaltic dosing pump?

pump for dispensing the gel packed and available in common plastic
containers or in other containers?

I think I put the gel in a tank and pull it by the pump ...

a peristaltic or a pipette pump with controller .

I'm trying to do something similar with another liquid. A peristaltic pump might work but any pump can take a surprisingly high d.c current and batteries may be larger than the vessel! Also. pumping any kind of 'Gloopy' material is problematic for most pumps. It seems to me you can't do better mechanically than the gel dispenser pump attached to a solenoid? I've not seen small one's, but the motor driven screw type Archimedes pump would fit the bill and finding motors to turn the screw is easy. You just need to work out how to drive the screw with an external motor.

How about a 2-gear pump? Perhaps made with a 3D printer? The gears can be free-wheeling within the cylindrical space. No other moving parts needed.

Notice only one gear needs to have power applied, in order to turn both gears. A brief burst from a small motor might be sufficient to dispense a teaspoonful of gel.

2-gear pump.jpg

[Image grabbed from internet]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back