Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to compile VCS simulator (simv) statically? and how to increase performance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

noureddine-as

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I migrated recenly from ModelSim to VCS for performance issues (ModelSim was sooo slow for gate-level simulation plus I always had to generate VCD or FSDB and then feed that to PrimeTime which takes a lot of time and disk space, wheras VCS directly generates the SAIF files I want).
The performance gain was pretty huge. However I think I can optimize more.

So, the CAD tools server where VCS is installed is too slow since a lot of people work on it (and the Operating System is too old also). Is it possible to compile "simv" statically on that machine for example? cz I have a more powerful machine elsewhere, but with no VCS license installed. So I figured out if I could compile simv statically in the old one, and run on the powerful one. I played with the generated makefiles a bit, but I didn't succeed. Apparently VCS generates a lot of dynamic libraries especially the ones in `simv.daidir`
When I added the gcc `-static` flag to VCS, the linking results in the following error:
Code:
/usr/bin/ld: attempted static link of dynamic object `_csrc1.so'

Any additional ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back