Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Onboard 50 ohm GSM antenna design.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcagiran

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, i am working on gsm tracking and phone device, using GSM and GPS on same device. But i am using extended antenna for GSM and GPS connection separately. Now i would like to implement onboard antenna like F for GSM connection. But the problem is my device needs to has strong GSM connection. Can i use 50ohm typical F antenna design, or can you offer me an on board antenna design?

For single band GSM, a standard Inverted-F antenna should be fine for your application.
For dual-band GSM application, may need to use a PIFA antenna (Planar Inverted-F).

thanks for replying, designing F antenna is complex and hard, can i find and library for eagle? I mean ready to use F antenna design?

Using such "library antennas" is a problem because antenna matching also depends on the PCB ground layout (and size) and other enviroment near the antenna.

A while ago I wrote an appnote to show that de-tuning: https://muehlhaus.com/support/antenna/pcb-em

So a library antenna is not "ready to use" in many cases, and planar F antennas are indeed more difficult to tune because the grounded tap is realized in layout and cannot be tweaked so easily.

Reactions: FvM

FvM

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back