Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Altium Designer problem in safe-mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

KMP

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I was wondering is there any way to learn altium designer without having to draw the pcb circuit? I have been running my laptop in safe-mode for a while because my laptop has graphic-card problem which results in a lot of other problems and makes it indispensable for me to run it in safe-mode and in safe-mode lots of windows features and softwares such as ms-office, etc don't work.I can afford to neither buy a new laptop nor replace the mainboard(because my GC is on-board).In Aaltium I can draw schematic but when I go to the next level to perform the pcb layout it just does't show any thing but a black screen without the components and any thing else and also the dialog boxes aren't displayed fully. I tried everything and searched the internet to fix it and came across a thread in somewhere wherein someone had the same problem(I don't know if that person was running his pc in safe-mode or not) and somebody suggested that the problem had something to do with his Graphic-card .I am an analog design engineer and I already worked with hspice and cadence(cadence also does not work in safe-mode) to design and layout my circuits for university homeworks ,thesis and papers but know I wanna get a job which requires me to learn altium designer.what can I do to learn it in safe mode because when I run it in normal-mode it immediately goes to black-screen and everything locks down and obliges me to press the button to turn it off.and it happens constantly no matter how many times I reboot the laptop.
Thanks in advance for your help.

You can’t really expect to run a graphics-intensive program like Altium in safe mode. It requires a lot of resources.

Since safe mode is in general resulted from any sort of crash in previous session, it is not in principle intended for operation use, the main objective is to raise the operating system by making available most of its resources and configuration tools that are graphical, since Windows is a GUI based OS, and then rerpair currupted files when applicable. The idea of operating Altium Designer (or any other software) in such a way is something so obviously unusual that even its manufacturers should not have foreseen state such restriction in the system requirements list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back