Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Layout of rat race mixer

Status
Not open for further replies.

klp

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, I'm designing a rat race mixer, I have a problem with the layout, its the first time I use it. I have some question about it:

1.what is the right way to connect the rat race coupler to the diodes, and when do I need to do the impedance matching? (if I will make the impedance matching but It will not reach to the diode, i will have to add more lines and to do impedance matching again, but now the length of the stub will be different)

2.what is the recommended way to connect the rat-race coupler with the diodes? (Mlines, Mcurves, Mtapers??)
what are the things that I need to put my attention on?

3.each time I press layout->generate/update layout, most of the components moving in the layout, is there any way to make them stay in their places?
11.PNG
222.PNG

3.each time I press layout->generate/update layout, most of the components moving in the layout, is there any way to make them stay in their places?

You need to use an MTEE for the T junction where the lines connect to the ring.

I can't comment on the other questions.

You need to use an MTEE for the T junction where the lines connect to the ring.

I can't comment on the other questions.

Hi, I have two diodes there, so I believe that I don't need MTEE. Am I wrong?
I have added a screenshot of the diodes.
333333333.PNG
4444444444.PNG
55555555.PNG

I mean this (missing) MTEE, which tells ADS layout what diretion to route to.

mtee.png

Just putting multiple elements to the same node is confusing to layout auto-placement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back