Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LED Light Bar from Ambulance Modding

Status
Not open for further replies.

BreakTie

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

I have had these two light bars in my possession for quite a while now.
And I really want to be able to do a cool project with them.
But my lack of knowledge in PCB and electronics in general has always been in the way.
Don't know where to start so hopefully someone can point me in the right direction. (fingers crossed)

So..
Both Led bars exist out of 5 circuit boards (grey ones) with Led's. On one of these PCB's there's one Green PCB.
This PCB has the output connectors for the other 5 grey PCB's.
It also has an Ethernet cable input (my guess is that through this the light preset is selected. And that the presets are in memory on this PCB?)
not sure about the power. (it's 3 years ago I got it of my car and I've sold the car since)

So I thought it should be possible to not use the custom green PCB (or do you really need that one?) and try to connect with something straight with the 5 connectors so I can control each cluster of LEDs seperately and on demand.
(raspberry pi solutions?)
But I have no clue what to send in these connectors.... to communicate

So I feel completely stuck.
Any any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

IMG_20200409_154841.jpg
IMG_20200409_154904.jpg
IMG_20200409_154915.jpg
IMG_20200409_154936.jpg
IMG_20200409_155002.jpg
IMG_20200409_155011.jpg

Hi,

Maybe look for info. from the stickers or other PCB identifiers to see what is needed to power the boards. That or tracing connections to figure out the schematic...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back