Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DFT - Scan Data Output inverted (Design Compiler)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tchisholmuk

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am using Design Compiler to insert a scan chain in a design, but when simulating after insertion the Scan Data Out is inverted with respect to Scan Data In.

I can see the scan data being inverted at several points throughout the scan path, however it always ends up being inverted for the output.

The commands I am using for scan insertion is below. I have tried the same steps on a different design and the scan path is correct.

I have tried:
  • Using the hookup_sense option in set_dft_signal (no effect either way)
  • Setting test_disable_find_best_scan_out (true and false)
  • Performing the same steps with another design (works correctly)

I can't find anything in the DFT Compiler user guide relating to this other than the items above. It does say it will choose to take Q or QN as a scan data output depending on fanout, but not why the final output might be inverted.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tom

Code:
    set_dft_drc_configuration -internal_pins enable 

set_dft_signal -view existing_dft -type ScanClock   -hookup_pin PAD_Clock/C  -timing {5 15}
    set_dft_signal -view existing_dft -type Reset       -hookup_pin SYNC_DFC1_2/Q -active_state 0
    set_dft_signal -view spec         -type ScanEnable  -hookup_pin PAD_Test/C  -port Test   -active_state 1
    set_dft_signal -view existing_dft -type TestMode    -hookup_pin PAD_Test/C  -port Test   -active_state 1
    set_dft_signal -view spec         -type ScanDataIn  -hookup_pin PAD_SDI/C   -port SDI 
    set_dft_signal -view spec         -type ScanDataOut -hookup_pin PAD_SDO/I   -port SDO 

create_test_protocol

dft_drc

set_scan_configuration -chain_count 1
    preview_dft
    insert_dft

dft_drc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back