Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Half Bridge LLC Transformer

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment LLC Simulation.txt

I have attached the simulation file.

I have included Mosfet FCH067N65S3 into the simulation Model. I followed all the steps given in ONsemi document for including the symbol into the library by creating two different folders named ON inside sub & sym folder of lib of Ltspice.

But it is still showing can't open the library file for the Mosfet while trying to simulate the circuit

read the LT Spice help menu, the model has to go into the local LIB folder ....

The symbol file (maybe called xxx.asy) gets dropped into the "sym" folder of ltspice.
The "sub" file , which has the software for the model, you can paste this into the schematic...and click it and make it a "control" text instead of text.
There's instructions in the course i sent you...in the "LTspice models" file

I made the simulation work with imported Mosfet & Diode Models. It is working fine now in open loop.

I am currently designing the feedback loop for closed loop control of LLC resonant converter. Generally EDF(Extended Describing Function) method is widely followed apart from simulation to design feedback loop.

It is very complex & theoretical to arrive at a closed loop form of relevant transfer functions for LLC using EDF method

Does anyone have practical experience in designing compensator by any other method???

Using network analyser on benchlevel testing may be one..

One needs to know all the parameters of the power ckt to design the closed Vout & I limit loops - it is far from a trivial exercise ... even the choice of opto coupler makes a difference ...

One needs to know all the parameters of the power ckt to design the closed Vout & I limit loops - it is far from a trivial exercise ... even the choice of opto coupler makes a difference ...

What do you suggest?? Is it better if try on bench with a network analyser??

Sounds good, the AP300 by ridley engineering is good.
Also, you can supplement with transient response testing...but hold on...this is a battery charger...so there wont really be any transients...so you can go for a nice slow feedback loop. with plenty of phase margin.

Sounds good, the AP300 by ridley engineering is good.
Also, you can supplement with transient response testing...but hold on...this is a battery charger...so there wont really be any transients...so you can go for a nice slow feedback loop. with plenty of phase margin.

oK..Yes i can go with a very high phase margin.... I guess if the operating frequency is less than resonant frequency(In my case), there are 3 poles & 2 Zeros... The position of whose varies with frequency. How shuld i know the position of individual poles & zeros???

As i have to design the feedback loop (Both CC & CV)purely based on intuition.

Type-2 compensator should be ok or Should i go for Type-3(usually for voltage mode control).

Last edited:

There is a feedback loop app note for LLC converters by ti.com....i will try and find it for you....i remember seeing it back in 2011 or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.