Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Looking for Synopsys documentation on their outputs formats used in PrimeTimePX

Status
Not open for further replies.

tchad

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I need to parse the .out file format used to store the power calculated in the Time-Based Power Analysis by PTPX.

The output is set by the command: set_power_analysis_option -waveform_format out

Could anyone point me to some reference documentation describing the format? The file itself seems pretty straightforward but I need to be sure that I have all the units and corner cases covered.

Thanks!

Maybe you can look for the user guide of nanosim if you have nanosim in your system (I cannot find it online).

.out is the default output waveform of nanosim (transistor level simulator of Synopsys). You can open it with Synopsys's nwave or custom waveview.

You can also use Gaw, they have explanations about the .out data format:
https://gaw.tuxfamily.org/linux/gawfmt.php

you can, as a last resort, open the .out file in the simulator and then export a vcd from it. vcd format is easy to understand.

In addition to what kungchuking and ThisIsNotSam said, you can export the power waveform as FSDB, and then open it using Verdi. There is an option to export in CSV format.

I did that a long time ago, but I figured out that the CSV file is just so huge that I'm not able to process it.

Anyway, in case you decide to continue, make sure you set the units of {internal, leakage, switching} power int PrimeTimePX before exporting the FSDB file, because otherwise, you will get a CSV file with values in several units (some in mW, some in W ...etc).

Good luck.

Hello, thank you all for the help. With the information I got from you all I managed to put together the rest.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back