Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Generating a digital pulse of 10 secs and 1 sec

Status
Not open for further replies.

garvind25

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I wanted to know if there are any ways of generating a 10 sec digital pulse (0.1 Hz; 5 sec ON and 5 sec. OFF). I need it as an enable signal for a project I am making (the ckt. will be enabled for 5 secs. to sample the inputs and then disabled for 5 secs. during its processing). Similarly, how to generate a 1 sec. pulse (1 Hz; 0.5 sec. ON and 0.5 secs. OFF). Any pointers will be thankfully acknowledged.

Thanks and Regards,
Arvind Gupta.

How about building a digital timer? Can be made in programmable logic, but also using a microcontroller or by assembling discrete logic ICs. All three variants will use a crystal oscillator if precise timing is intended.

Once you have 1 Hz, apply that to a 4017 decade counter. It divides by 10. To have 50 percent duty cycle, combine 5 diodes from 5 consecutive outputs.

To get 1Hz, is a 555 timer IC good enough? Or else if you need accuracy then start with a crystal oscillator, say 32kHz. Divide down cycles via one or more 4020/ 4040/ 4060 IC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back