Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Samsung GT-P5210 10.1 inch Tablet repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

kahlenberg

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I have a Samsung GT-P5210 10.1 inch Tablet and it doesn't work. It doesn't charge and it doesn't switch on.
I tried following:

Reset it by pressing power and volum up OR down button simultaneously, it didn't show anything.
Leave it connected to charger more than one day. It didn't show anything.

I measured battery voltage, It shows 2.3V, yes it ist not good, but even without battery and plugged to charger, it doesn't show anything.

I connected it to Ubuntu laptop with USB cable, dmesg in Ubuntu shows some messages:
usb1-2: Manufacturer: Intel
usb1-2: SerialNumber: XXX

I measure the voltage and current on micro USB input.
It draws ~20mA less than 1s and then it stops drawing current.
I think there must be some short circuits but could not locate it.
But even if there is a short circuit, then USB functionality should also not work, laptop shows some messages if connected.

What can the problem be?
Can I repair it?
Thanks.

It's essential that you measure voltage coming from the charger when it's plugged into the tablet. It may not be easy to find suitable test points.

Sometimes I stick pins through insulation and attach my meter. (But avoid sticking pins in shielded cable since you could short-circuit the shield to inner wire.)

Measure in all situations:
* Battery pack installed
* Battery pack removed
* just as you turn on the tablet
* 2 seconds after turn-on
Etc.

Question: Is it the type of battery which should not be allowed to drop below a certain voltage? Because if it does then its useful life is over?

It is SAMSUNG T4500E 3.8V Li-Ion 6800 mAh

Status
Not open for further replies.