Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to write a top-level DEF file/hierarchical DEF files

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhilai

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I'm a complete beginner in electronic design and am trying to understand the LEF and DEF formats for a software project.

I have a collection of DEF files containing designs for lower-level component clusters, with their associated LEF files. How can I represent these in a top-level DEF file, and is there some way to define their hierarchy? Pointing me to the relevant syntax would be extremely helpful.

Thanks!

Hi, I'm a complete beginner in electronic design and am trying to understand the LEF and DEF formats for a software project.

I have a collection of DEF files containing designs for lower-level component clusters, with their associated LEF files. How can I represent these in a top-level DEF file, and is there some way to define their hierarchy? Pointing me to the relevant syntax would be extremely helpful.

Thanks!

lef/def reference manual (and a parser) are available from si2.org

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back