Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Tablet Display to reuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrkac

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have an old tablet - Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 (SM - T211)

It is almost dead - it can display only first screen of regular mode (with its model name) or two screens of download mode (Continue/Reboot and Downloading) and in any situation I can't see anything else. Also no communication with Odin/Heimdall, so I cannot upload any (official or not) build to restore the tablet.

To be honest - it isn't worth of long fight for life.

But - the tablet has pretty fine display. It will be nice to use it - with digitzer or not - in some DYI project, driven by Raspberry or Arduino (although Arduino may be not enough to handle such screen, but maybe, if the screen uses i2c - why not? ).

Does any one have such experience? Is there some documentation? How to work with it? I guess, that LCD itself and digitizer are two separate cases?

Hi,

if the screen uses i2c
The display has 600 x 1024 pixels x 16 million color depth.
This is 1.8 million bytes.
With an I2C standard data rate of 400kbits/s one full screen update then takes 45 seconds.

Do you really think it could be I2C controlled?

Klaus

With this knowledge - probably not :). So no chance for Arduino, right? But in general, any idea how to use it? Is this possible at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back