Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] No component clearance in Altium

Status
Not open for further replies.

kappa_am

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone,

I am using Altium 18. I want to put two components with a same footprint on top of each other. I was able to do that in Altium 16 and before, but I am not able to do that. I disabled all the rules, but still, I cannot do that. I would be grateful if you give me a hint.

Thank you

"not able to do that" isn't very specific. I guess, the tool doesn't allow to drop the component or move it at the intended place. In this case, you need to disable online DRC. Later, rules can be disabled for the specific components, or DRC violations ignored in a quick-and-dirty approach.

Thank you for your reply.
Please see the attached picture. e.g. I want to put C10 on top of C9, but Altium does not allow that. I disabled all rules and DRCs.

dss.jpg

Apparently a specific Altium 18 thing. I'm not using it, may be someone can help?

dear kappa
in attached picture you can find solution for your problem

altium.png

Thank you for your reply. Yes, that's right. Also, shortkey R helps to switch among options while routing.

Thank you again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back