Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

120 VAC Power Conditioner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thayne

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
This 120 VAC Power Conditioner has its transformer disconnected and it needs to be reconnected. My skill level isn't quite there yet to be 100% certain on the wiring, so I'd like advice please connecting wires. This should be pretty easy for an experienced person.

The circuit board has four black wires.
The transformer has three black wires.
There is one black wire that goes to the outgoing receptacle.

I know where all the other cut wires go except the transformer and one black wire. There is a TVR 10271 thyristor that I am pretty sure where it goes; I'll get to that later.

The pics will show all.

THANK YOU

CIRCUIT BOTTOM.jpgCIRCUIT TOP.jpgIMG_20200317_134742.jpgIMG_20200317_135140.jpgIMG_20200317_134956.jpg

(Back story: Another device at my wife's lab that she needs fixed. All the parts are working. A guy cut the transformer off to replace it and it turned out it was good. He didn't put it back together. Brazil/Bolsonaro has cut, and is cutting, funding for the Universities. So, they don't have money to replace this (or pay me).)

please label the wires from the transformer, say 1, 2, 3, 4,...
measure the resistance of each pair.
the ones that are not part of the same winding will read open
the ones that are part of the same winding will have some resistance

please sketch the components and the wires on the side of the device
away from the circuit board and show the front of that side
so whatever is there, lights? switches? I/O? is visible

Reactions: Thayne

Thayne

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Will do! Thank you.

OK I think I got everything together here. It was a good exercise because I think I figured out some more stuff.

Transformer:
Resistance between C & A (300+/-)
Resistance between C & B (300+/-)
Open between A & B

The resistances seemed to move around a bit, but the one resistance that kept coming back was around this 300 Ohm value.

IMG_20200318_111423.jpgCIRCUIT BOARD.jpgALL SIDES.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back