Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Full wave rectifier on Proteus crashes by putting a ground to the circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

eagle1109

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I'm working on an example that is provided on Proteus simulation examples.

I opened a file that contains a circuit that has 2 AC sources, which I don't know why they used 2 AC sources, so I deleted one and started to get the results I want.

But another problem that I got is that if I add a ground to the circuit, then a fatal simulation error occurs.

This is the circuit:

proteus_fw_rec_error.png

Also, can anyone explains to me the directions of the current, is it the conventional or the real current direction ?

I learned that the conventional is the protons direction and the real one is the electrons which flows in the opposite direction.

As the pop-up windows says "see log error" one would expect you have attached/paste the error message. In any case, it is likely to be a problem related to the use of 'ideal' devices (for example, diodes, capacitors) that not rarely can result in convergence errors. Try to add a high ohm resistor - 10 Meg for example - between the negative terminal of the AC power supply and the grounding node.

Status
Not open for further replies.