Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MQTT IoT device using the Realtek RTL8195 development board

Status
Not open for further replies.

crabbyhead

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
REALTEK RTL8195 Arduino Compatible WiFi IoT Development Board

Hello everyone,

I would like to introduce the Ameba-1 development board (using the RTL8195AM/RTL8710AF soc) from Realtek's AmebaIoT ecosystem. It is an IoT-ready MCU powered by a ARM Cortex-M3 core. It is specially designed to be pin-compatible with the Arduino UNO, can be programmed using the Arduino IDE and supports most of the Arduino base examples and expansion boards.

What's more, it includes many useful features targeted for IoT projects, such as:

WiFi
Low-Power mode
USB host
USB camera support
NFC
I2S for audio

Examples and sample code can be found at AmebaIoT.com.
There is also a YouTube channel with a step-by-step video guides for some basic examples.

Thanks for reading.

Hello everyone,

Continuing from my previous introduction of the Realtek RTL8195 development board, I would like to inform everyone of a new service provided along with the board.

AmebaIoT development board users are now able to register for a free cloud-based MQTT broker service at https://www.amebaiot.com/en/. MQTT is a message passing protocol commonly used in connecting internet of things (IoT) devices together, allowing the devices to send and receive data to achieve the desired actions. Follow the guide here to register for your own MQTT broker service to test your applications.

Realtek's RTL8195 Ameba-1 development board is an IoT-ready MCU powered by a ARM Cortex-M3 core. It is specially designed to be pin-compatible with the Arduino UNO, can be programmed using the Arduino IDE and supports most of the Arduino base examples and expansion boards. It includes support for many useful features targeted for IoT projects, such as:

WiFi
Low-Power mode
USB host
USB camera support
NFC
I2S for audio

To get started with using MQTT, you can follow the basic example guide here for the RTL8195 development board. This example uses the MQTT protocol to allow for control of an LED over the internet. Source code for the example can be found at AmebaIoT's GitHub repository.
A YouTube video guide for this example is also provided for those who prefer watching more than reading.

Thanks for reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back