Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with the simulation in Modelsim using ISE 14.5 and simulation code SystemVerilog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cesar0182

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Greetings ... a couple of days ago I have been spending a project done in Vivado 2017.3 to ISE 14.5, because it is required to adapt it to a Virtex5 device. So far I have managed to adapt it and be able to synthesize it, but now I need to simulate the operation of the system using Modelsim SE 10.5. The problem is that the simulation code that was used in Vivado is made in SystemVerilog and it is not possible to use this in ISE.
Is there any way to use this simulation code in ISE without the need to translate it? Any help is very welcome, thanks in advance.

ISE is unlikely to support SystemVerilog at all.
Modelsim should work just fine with SV. What are the problems?

ISE has virtually no support for SV, they did add a switch to enable what they did add for SV but as I recall it doesn't work that well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back