Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[Moved] Advice on choosing PCB software

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoobPCBguy

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi..

New here.

I am doing some research on choosing the best PCB software and wanted to know how everyone else prioritizes what they look for in the software they choose.

Cost is an obvious one, depending on who you work for, whether you're working alone or for a small enterprise.

I am a beginner still trying to teach a lot of the basics to myself but hoping to one day become professional and would like to choose a software that i can still use should this day come.

What features are most important to everyone?

Features?
Price?
Ease of use?
Interface?
3D viewing?

Perhaps if everyone could share which software they use and why they chose that would be greatly appreciated.

Right now i am leaning towards Altium as it seems the most popular but understand its very expensive.

Thanks in advance and apologies if this is posted in the wrong area..

Re: Advice on choosing PCB software

I have friends that work professionally with KiCad. It is easy to try it, since it's open source and free.
https://www.kicad-pcb.org/

If you first learn KiCad, you can then better evaluate the more expensive alternatives, and decide if the additional features are worth the money.

Re: Advice on choosing PCB software

+1 for kicad.
there are tons of video on the net on how to use it
learn to use it "advanced" then you will be able to get eventually a "profesionnal" expensive tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back