Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] problem moving from SLL to shift_left in ISE 14.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cesar0182

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Greetings ... tell you that a couple of days ago I am going through a VHDL project made in Vivado 2017.3 to ISE 14.5. Several of these sources had vhdl 2008 syntax that ISE does not recognize, I could correct some of them, but I am having problems passing the SLL operator of VHDL 2008 to its equivalent shift_left in VHDL 93.
I leave attached the lines of the original code and the equivalent.

VHDL 2008

Code:
library IEEE;
use IEEE.std_logic_1164.all;
use IEEE.numeric_std.all;
use IEEE.std_logic_unsigned.all;
library UNISIM; 
use UNISIM.vcomponents.all;

entity g1_applic_top_vhdl is
  GENERIC (           
    Hotlink_SDMA_Base     : integer := 0; -- Define the first SDMA engine used by HOTLINK instance 0.
    used_engine_mask      : std_logic_vector(31 downto 0) := (X"0000FFFF" SLL Hotlink_SDMA_Base) OR '0'; -- Set 16 bits = 8 Hotlink ports * 2 engines
    used_wbus_chan_mask   : std_logic_vector(25 downto 0) := ("00000000001111111111111111" SLL Hotlink_SDMA_Base) OR '0' -- Set 8 bits = 4 Hotlink ports * 2 wbus_chans	                
  );	
  PORT ();

VHDL 93

Code:
library IEEE;
library UNISIM; 

GENERIC (           
    Hotlink_SDMA_Base     : integer := 0; -- Define the first SDMA engine used by HOTLINK instance 0.
    used_engine_mask      : std_logic_vector(31 downto 0):= shift_left(X"0000FFFF", Hotlink_SDMA_Base) OR '0'; -- Set 16 bits = 8 Hotlink ports * 2 engines
    used_wbus_chan_mask   : std_logic_vector(25 downto 0):= shift_left("00000000001111111111111111", Hotlink_SDMA_Base) OR '0' -- Set 16 bits = 8 Hotlink ports * 2 wbus_chans	                
  );	
  PORT ();

This change generates the following error.

Code:
Architecture behavioral of Entity g1_asa_top_vhdl is up to date.
Compiling vhdl file "C:/ProgramData/Teradyne/FPGA/ISEProjects/App0x3120VHDLMaster/src/g1_applic_top_vhdl.vhd" in Library work.
ERROR:HDLParsers:808 - "C:/ProgramData/Teradyne/FPGA/ISEProjects/App0x3120VHDLMaster/src/g1_applic_top_vhdl.vhd" Line 44. OR can not have such operands in this context.
ERROR:HDLParsers:808 - "C:/ProgramData/Teradyne/FPGA/ISEProjects/App0x3120VHDLMaster/src/g1_applic_top_vhdl.vhd" Line 45. OR can not have such operands in this context.
Entity <g1_applic_top_vhdl> (Architecture <behavioral>) compiled.
--> 

Total memory usage is 4566752 kilobytes

Number of errors   :    2 (   0 filtered)
Number of warnings :    0 (   0 filtered)
Number of infos    :    0 (   0 filtered)

Process "Synthesize - XST" failed

Someone who can help me with this problem please, thank you in advance.

not sure what you're trying to do here. It looks like you've got a 32-bit value which is shifted and then OR'd with a single-bit '0'. What are you expecting to happen?

In vhdl 93 you cannot use generics to set other generics. I suggest you set the defaults to be constants.

Thanks for the help ... I tell you that I was able to solve my problem, removing all these operations from OR and SLL, leaving these lines as follows.

Code:
library IEEE;
library UNISIM; 

GENERIC (           
    used_engine_mask      : std_logic_vector(31 downto 0) := X"0000FFFF" ; -- Set 16 bits = 8 Hotlink ports * 2 engines
    used_wbus_chan_mask   : std_logic_vector(25 downto 0) := "00000000001111111111111111"  -- Set 8 bits = 4 Hotlink ports * 2 wbus_chans	                
  );	
  PORT ();

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back