Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Piezo Buzzer Circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

nayakajit87

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all
i am looking for multitone (3 sound) 105db-110db buzzer driving ckt using peizo buzzers.

I have used UM3561 ckt before , but i used magnetic speaker 8ohm/4ohm for end application.

Can someone guideme some idea of driving peizo buzzer where i could vary PWM signal to achieve multiple selectable tone with required db level,

I am using 100db piezo buzzer.

You want a piezo transducer (speaker) not a piezo buzzer that has a built-in oscillator that produces only one frequency.
The frequency response of a piezo is all over the place so some frequencies will be very loud and other frequencies will be hard to hear. You might need to adjust the frequencies.
Here is the frequency response of a typical piezo transducer:

Attachments

• piezo speaker.PNG
    piezo speaker.PNG
    52.6 KB · Views: 80

Easy to build, easy to use pulse generator, using two invert-gates. Frequency is determined by resistor and capacitor value.

pulse generator two invert-gates RC 2kHz.png

To get 3 different frequencies you can either:

(a) Build 3 separate oscillators. Disable unused ones by sending a voltage through a diode to the lefthand input.

or

(b) build one oscillator, and create a method to change R or C value, or switch in different components.

Can you share one ckt how it can be repeated in peizo buzzer. I am planning to use 5v-24v range peizo buzzer.lm328 ckt can be used??

Your spec 110 decibels is loud, on a par with automobile horns. Such a buzzer no doubt requires more power than my little circuit can deliver (post #3).

You mention LM328 op amp. I think that also is too weak (in terms of its Ampere capability).

You need an oscillating circuit that provides sufficient volts and Amps. It might be built from transistors or mosfets or a power op amp.

All of the buzzers (transducers) except the "musical" one are in a tuned resonant case at a few high pitched beep frequencies. The loudness is only 85dB to 90dB when it is measured at a distance of only 30cm (one foot) and drops 6dB for each doubling of distance.
There are no details about the bandwidth of the tuned ones or the frequency response of the musical one.
They do not say if the signal you feed is a sinewave or a squarewave.

If you feed one of the buzzers the AC frequency you want then there is no information (bandwidth) showing the loudness.
The lack of information is maybe because the company is in India.

Why do you want to use PWM?
What is an LM328??

Status
Not open for further replies.