Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Buying an old FPGA board

Status
Not open for further replies.

tahirsengine

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Guys, I need a board in large quantities(10 or more). The problem with this board is : they are long obsolete. Now, where I should search for these boards? I have checked Xilinx store, Ebay, Amazon, Digikey, Mouser, Google.
But of no avail.

May it happen that some guys may be having old stocks of these boards?

The board part number is : HW-V4-ML405-UNI-G-J

Any advice is welcome. May be I am missing something in my search.
Thanks in advance please.
Regards

May be I am missing something in my search.
Unlikely. The board has a 2015 discontinuation notice from Xilinx and is flagged as obsolete at all distributors.

I'd start to look for an alternative hardware for your project, possible design a plug-in compatible board with a newer FPGA.

Dev boards will have shorter life than the parts on them. The only option might be to ask other institutions / businesses if they have old boards lying around. Universities may have bought a few, and its usual for companies to use them for prototypes and then leave them in a cupboard when they have their own boards to work with. It would be hard work to find any.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back