Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Target 3001 issues- offboard components and adding television flyback transformer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jon2

Hi. Brand new to the forums, and practically brand new to using the free version of Target 3001 to reverse engineer a circuit board in order to obtain a schematic for servicing. I have all of the components identified and packages placed with two exceptions:

1) An old, nine pin television flyback transformer (FMH-1232BE). No data is available for this online, and I have been considering making it from scratch unless there is a generic flyback component somewhere that someone already made to use in the program. I have not had luck finding one. How do I go about making one in the program? The biggest issue I have is trying to match the size of what I am creating with my circuit board. It is possible to see the circuit board underneath while I am drawing as it would save a lot of time and frustration? Also, how do I go about devising a schematic symbol since I don't know the configuration?

2) For any offboard components, best way to connect to the circuit board? I tried "ratsnest" wiring, which shows up green and appears to connect, then I find the wires disappearing.

Thanks in advance for your help,
Jon

Just a quick update: #2 was solved for now by moving all components onto the board. There is still one component remaining that I may have to try and configure offboard, but will even try to avoid that.

Still looking for an answer to #1 in some form. Time is limited, so hope to finish at least all parts placement by tomorrow.

Do you intend to re-create a out-of-service FB transformer ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back