Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Problema para crear coregen en ISE 14.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cesar0182

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Problem creating coregen in ISE 14.5

Greetings ... a couple of days ago I am trying to take a project that was done in Vivado 2017.3 to ISE 14.5 since it is required to implement it on a Virtex-5 device. This project includes some IPs that are not supported in ISE 14.5. So I decided to replace them with compatible IPs, but I am having trouble creating a new coregen from a new IP source (CORE Generator & Architecture Wizard) since I have the following message.

-The IP Catalog has been reloaded

To this problem I was suggested the following solution.

http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/53695.html

Unfortunately, I still have the same message, and I still can't generate the coregen.
Someone who can help me with this problem please, thank you in advance.

Are you using the webpack version of ISE? ISE webpack doesn't support any Virtex parts. I also don't think ISE uses the Vivado licensing (in case you only have Vivado licenses, I can't verify as the license server has both old licenses and the newer Vivado ones).

I am using the Systema Edition but as you say the license I use for Vivado may not work with ISE. What can I do in this case?

I also recalled that ISE doesn't necessarily install everything for all families unless explicitly selected in the installation dialogs. As I haven't used ISE in years, I don't remember how to check which families are installed.

You do know that ISE 14.7 is out for installation on Win10 as a VM (or Linux)? If you've installed it on a Linux or a Win7 machine you are probably okay, but Win10 wouldn't be supported for ISE 14.4 to 14.7, which is why Xilinx has a linux VM to run under Win10.

This VM version might let you use a recent license or it might get around running on an unsupported OS.

thanks for all the help adds-ee, I commented that I solved my problem ... the version I had downloaded from ISE consisted of a compressed file with the complete installer, but there is also an installer consisting of 4 compressed files. Install this version but then I had problems with the compatibility of ISE 14.5 with Windows 10, but I solved it with the following link.

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/fpga/guide-getting-xilinx-ise-to-work-with-windows-8-64-bit/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back