Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

simulating the open loop gain of fully differential amplifier fwith open loop setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Junus2012

Advanced Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear friends,

I believe that simulating the open loop gain of the operational amplifier from the open loop needs large care to compensate for the offset voltage otherwise simulation will fail. However, for fully differential amplifier the CMFB circuit is assuring that ampliifer is working in the saturation region, therefore I am testing the open loop gain and AC char from open loop setup, is that ok ?

Thank you

I believe that simulating the open loop gain of the operational amplifier from the open loop needs large care to compensate for the offset voltage otherwise simulation will fail.

I don't believe so. Most people are simulating open loop gain in an intelligent setup, using some kind of DC feedback that doesn't affect the AC gain. That's not so simple in hardware but very easy in simulation.

Deasr FvM

thank you for your reply

yes you are right by using the DC feedback like probe this will make the simulation very easy, however I don't know why using the diffprobe with my fully differential amplifiers is not giving me the accurate result, therefore I shifted to simulate the AC performance using AC simulation but from open loop, no feedback is applied

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back