+ Post New Thread
    Advanced Member level 4
    Achievements:
    7 years registered

Helped
    41 / 41
    Level

simulating the open loop gain of fully differential amplifier fwith open loop setup

Dear friends,

I believe that simulating the open loop gain of the operational amplifier from the open loop needs large care to compensate for the offset voltage otherwise simulation will fail. However, for fully differential amplifier the CMFB circuit is assuring that ampliifer is working in the saturation region, therefore I am testing the open loop gain and AC char from open loop setup, is that ok ?

Thank you

•   AltAdvertisement

Super Moderator
    Awards:
    1st Helpful Member

Helped
    14108 / 14108
    Level

Re: simulating the open loop gain of fully differential amplifier fwith open loop set

I believe that simulating the open loop gain of the operational amplifier from the open loop needs large care to compensate for the offset voltage otherwise simulation will fail.
    I don't believe so. Most people are simulating open loop gain in an intelligent setup, using some kind of DC feedback that doesn't affect the AC gain. That's not so simple in hardware but very easy in simulation.

1 members found this post helpful.

•   AltAdvertisement

Advanced Member level 4
    Achievements:
    7 years registered

Helped
    41 / 41
    Level

Re: simulating the open loop gain of fully differential amplifier fwith open loop set

Deasr FvM

thank you for your reply

yes you are right by using the DC feedback like probe this will make the simulation very easy, however I don't know why using the diffprobe with my fully differential amplifiers is not giving me the accurate result, therefore I shifted to simulate the AC performance using AC simulation but from open loop, no feedback is applied

--[[ ]]--