Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PrimeTime : How to manually assign the content of the nets

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevin5059

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I'm

I'm an absolute newbie in PrimeTime (PT) and would like to seek for help in the problem that i have here which depicted in the attached picture.

notes:
1) net a & a_b and b & b_b are complemented pair. Example: a=1, a_b=0 and etc.
2) Control Block A and Control Block B have no dependency on each other. Any combination of net a and b are possible. Example: both passgate1 and passgate2 in cell1/cell2 can be turn ON during the same time.

I would like to get the worst delay number from point (input) to (cell1/pg_1). However with the following PT command, my PT will always switch ON ALL the passgates (passgate1 & passgate2 in both Cell1 and Cell2) so that net input_b will encounter with the with the worst load.

My Question is how can I "force" the content on net cell1/a=0, cell1/b=1, cell2/a=1, cell2/b=1 so that only cell1/passgate1 is ON?

Code:
report_timing -from input -to cell1/pg_1 -delay_type max -derate -variation -tran -cap -max_paths 10 -nworst 10

1.png

I am guessing here, but I guess the issue is related to using the right tool for the right job. PrimeTime does STA, in which the worst case has to be assumed and that means it has to consider all pass gates are on.

What you are trying to do looks like cell characterization to me. The tools for that are different, namely siliconSmart, liberate, etc. or plain electrical simulation with spectre/hspice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back