Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Calculating BLDC controller efficiency

Status
Not open for further replies.

vimalraj

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello guys,

I am working on bldc motor controller project and now i have to calculate its efficiency.
What is the equipment used to calculate BLDC controller efficiency in industry level?

thanks in advance.

Hi,

What efficiency?

Motor_mechanical_power_out / electrical_DC_power_in ?

Klaus

Hi,

What efficiency?

Motor_mechanical_power_out / electrical_DC_power_in ?

Klaus

yeah that's the formula used.
But I want to know what are the equipments used to test the bldc motor controller.
To find,
efficiency
torque and etc.

Hi,

I just did an internet search for "motor test equippment" ... a lot of good looking results.
Did't you try this in your own?

And for DC.. maybe just voltage and current measurement is sufficient.

Klaus

A paddle in liquid is a simple way to load a motor. You alter it with ease, by immersing less or more of the paddle. Or by using liquids with less or more viscosity.

In engineering class we tested our homemade turbines, by clamping a slotted block of metal around the rotating shaft. We tightened the clamp until the block just started to bind. Then rpm was measured by stroboscope. This became the turbine's torque score.

Usually a motor has a certain rpm which produces the most torque, or most work delivered to a load. In other words its most efficient operating rpm. A lot of things contribute, including your controller of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back