Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with using ic uA733

Status
Not open for further replies.

derser

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Does anyone use uA733.The input signal is 30mv,17MHz.I expexted about 300mv.
I sending schematic diagram.
Bestregards.

Attachments

• 733.png
    733.png
    91.8 KB · Views: 318

The input signal is 30mv,17MHz.I expected about 300mv.
What is input signal in your circuit? How do you measure it? How should the problem be related to uA733?

What is input signal in your circuit? How do you measure it? How should the problem be related to uA733?

Hello again.I measured it with osciloscope.How is sed in datasheed, conecting leads
11,4/or 12,3-this can give as all aplification coeficients.Output signal is lower than
input.I cannot apmplifie this signal.By the way,signal is 40MHz not 17MHz.I made a mistake.
Is it conection is wrong ot this circuit,has difficulties with aplification.In the datasheet is sed
that they are up to 200MHz,but honsetly i am reserved.How can i decide the problem?
I do not whant to conect a lot of tons uA733.Although leades are not conected together
i mean 11,4 the amplification is 10.That means about 200mv in the output.
Bestregards:Barosov/Bulgaria
LZ6LB/73

What puzzles me is the pins of TX1 suggest it is a metal can package with pins to fit a 14-pin DIL profile. That almost certainly means it produces TTL level outputs. If I'm right, TX1 pin 8 should connect directly to the 'D' input of the flip-flop and the LM733 isn't needed at all.

Brian.

From your schematic LM733 is supplied between 12V ad GND. The datasheet doesn't seem to say it can be used in a single supply configuration

The datasheet doesn't seem to say it can be used in a single supply configuration
Input is biased to mid supply, no problem.

Input is biased to mid supply, no problem.
Good morning.I have just returned from night shift.I have two resistor
to provide midle power supply.The uA733 is conected according to data
sheet.
Bestregards:Barosov

Hi,

May I ask why you use a differential amlifier when you just use one output?
To measure gain you need to involve both outputs: Vout = VOut+ - VOut-

Just to talk about the same datasheet: which amplifier exactly arou you using: LM733 or uA733? Which package?

Klaus

Hi,

May I ask why you use a differential amlifier when you just use one output?
To measure gain you need to involve both outputs: Vout = VOut+ - VOut-

Just to talk about the same datasheet: which amplifier exactly arou you using: LM733 or uA733? Which package?

Klaus
;*********************************************8888
I am using uA733.I know if we using only one otput the amplifaing
is a half.But output amplitude is lower that input only 20mv.That is fun.
I want to understand where is the problem.I know that we cannot
get otput about 2 or 3 volt with input-20mv in 40MHz,just with one chip
we need minimum 2 or 3 chips.I want to understand why this chip
doesnot want to aplifie.
Good day.

Can we please clarify the post #4 question. What's the oscillator type and has it really low output voltage in the 100 mV range, or even less?

Can we please clarify the post #4 question. What's the oscillator type and has it really low output voltage in the 100 mV range, or even less?
;*********************************************************88
Yes we can clarify the post.This is the oscilator schematic.

Attachments

• ТЕСТОВ ОСЦИЛАТ&#10.pdf
    3.2 MB · Views: 92

Back in the late 80s I successfully built several video distribution amplifiers using the NE592, which is a exact equivalent of the LM733. It was single ended mode also.
I am including the datasheets.

I am also enclosing a snippet of the overall diagram.

The differences that I see from your and my diagram:

-I used a bipolar +/-6 volt supply, although your biasing configuration should also work.
-I actually used the gain setting pins, which you are not.

I would suggest that you solder a trimpot between gain adjust terminals G1a and G1b, as I am showing in my schematic.

[/ATTACH]Capture.PNGView attachment NE592-D.PDF

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    211.2 KB · Views: 633
Last edited:

Thank's a lot for your help.What was the amplitude of the input signal
of your shematic,and the freqwency?And what was the amplitude of output signal?
Bestregards:Barosov
LZ6LB.

It was NTSC video, meaning 4 Mhz and 2Vpp (drops down to 1 Vpp with 75 ohm termination)

What puzzles me is the pins of TX1 suggest it is a metal can package with pins to fit a 14-pin DIL profile. That almost certainly means it produces TTL level outputs. If I'm right, TX1 pin 8 should connect directly to the 'D' input of the flip-flop and the LM733 isn't needed at all.

Brian.
;******************************************************
Hello Brian.
TX1 is fabric oscillator with 4 pins.It gives about 200mv at 40MHz
clear sinosuid.I made one amplifier with FET input and other four
transistors.With other oscillator that give 30mv at 17MHz,it give me
about 2 volts output signal.If you interested I can send you schematic
diagram.I will experiment other schematic.I must do FLL system that
lock the freqwency of the band generator for transiever.
Barosov.

I would suggest using a comparator instead of an amplifier. The signal you need is to clock the logic devices, using a comparator will ensure you get a clean logic level output. If you use an amplifier you can get the amplitude you need but the edges will not be sharp so it may not give a consistent result.

Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.