Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

P-channel Mosfet inverting control

Status
Not open for further replies.

ovik891

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello! I need activate load when ttl 3v input low. Is attached shematic will work good? 1.jpg

Yeah it looks generally sound.

There are IC's that can do this too (load switches) such as FPF2700.

Hi,

It may work,

But I'd rather use a single part called " high side power switch, active low".
Besides the desired function in a single tiny device, it additionally includes overvoltage protection, overcurrent protection, over temperature protection. And usually cheaper.

Just do a search at an electronic parts distributor. The provide interactive selection guides.

Klaus

Last edited:

The 1k should be in the Drain of Q5 ... else it affects the gate drive volts of Q5 ...

Hi,

It may work,

But I'd rather use a single part called " high side power switch, active low".
Besides the desired function in a single tiny device, it additionally includes overvoltage protection, overcurrent protection, over temperature protection. And usually cheaper.

Just do a search at an electronic parts distributor. The provide interactive selection guides.

Klaus

Thanks, I also find switch same us BTS443P, it need connect input to GND to activate load. Can i connect input directly to 3v ttl output to inverting operate or i need some convertor

Hi,

The chosen high side switch has the desired "inverting" function.
But it has an internal pull up current source. The voltage may go up to the input voltage.
A simple TTL signal may be problematic.

But there are more high side switches with logic level input. Use a online selection tool.

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.