Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Specifications beyond data sheet...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Externet

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all.

This common receiver IC is intended to have an application on specific frequencies, so its data sheet does not consider any other uses.
Can you smell by reading between lines, if other frequencies could work, like 140MHz with proper tailored tuning components ? Is there any obvious forbidding factors for such frequency shifting ? Or is it a 'try and find out by yourself' ?

----> **broken link removed**

Place between L1 and L2 a 140MHz LC resonant circuit (e.g. 56nH - 22pF) and see if the circuit works on the new frequency. I think that should work...

No guarantees of course but I would guess it would work over quite a wide range. The lower limit is usually decided by internal gain dropping due to capacitors in the silicon, the upper frequency by the limits of internal transistor parameters. As a guess, and that is all it is, you could get it to work from around 20MHz up to 500MHz with suitable resonant circuit and input matching components.

Brian.

Thanks, gentlemen.
That is the kind of answer I wanted to hear. Plain educated guesses with no guarantees making it worth performing tests.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back