Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] uc3842/3843 Vcc problem in smps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
it will cause a lot of extra primary current - a bad thing ... when the main mosfet has to turn off

how to decrease large primary current if an smps transformer have large core gape, what to do with primary

winding to decrease the primary current so that power mosfet my not cutout, i have a core from a tv circuit having gape of

of about 1.2mm
it is not cracked, i wind it myself but every time i use it in my flyback smps circuit it silently cutout the power mosfet.

i also have the problem as mention in above post#41.

the problem solved through interleaved centered winding of a tv smps xformer.
interleaved..JPG

Edaboard users might be interested to know which tool is used to design/sketch the transformer.

according to my experience of winding smps transformer whether it is flyback, forward or half Bridge

powerEsim is the best tool that tells us about the "core Area, air gape, numbers of turns of primary,

feedback & secondary winding, inductance & switching frequency of the power FET
". but a little trial & error may be required to correctly match the frequency

of the oscillator with the designed transformer because of the sometimes the unavailability of the mentioned core within the tool.

link to the tool -----> https://poweresim.com/

Last edited:
Reactions: FvM

FvM

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.